Photography portraits do not mean that the camera clicks the human figure, but it gives an insight into how the people live and spend their lives. Some basic styles and techniques that can really make the difference in this niche are as follows:
- TRADITIONAL PORTRAIT. This is the most preferred type and is also known as the classical portrait style also. The subject has to stay fixed before the camera looking directly into the camera. It represents the subject as a person, and has to concentrate on the physical appearance. Very little effort is done to bring out the inner emotions and the feelings. It is more of a head shot but sometimes two third or the whole of the body is also involved.
- ENVIRONMENTAL PORTRAIT. It is the kind of photography portrait technique that captures the subject by keeping him as of his real environment. It is concerned with how a subject will respond when he is in his peculiar environment. This is a great way to learn about the subject, settings and his behavior.
- CANDID PORTRAIT. The candid click is the picturising the subject in a manner that he is unaware of the presence of the person shooting him. This captures the photographs while the subject is doing some work in the specialized field.
- GLAMOR PORTRAIT. It means the portrait that is used o capture the world of celebrities, show biz and the creative workers. It stands out because of the lighting styles.
- LIFESTYLE PORTRAIT: it studios how people live and spend their lives. It combines the environment with the activities of the subject. It is an integrated product of the environmental and the candid approach. It is used in the world of commercialism and business. This art of photography will help make the magazines, fashion editorials and newspaper much effective and attractive. It brings out the life related activities.
- SURREAL PORTRAIT. They are reality based works. They are representative of the subconscious. This category dates back to the early years of 1920s, and it is continuously progressing and developing with the advancement of the technology. It requires special effects for an impressive addition.
- CONCEPTUAL PORTRAIT. It is based on the fourth dimension that is known as concept. It works on some theme or ideology. They need to bring out the meaning of the theme they are representing. The photographer represents the subject in the photographer in such a way that the viewer does not feel the need of asking what it is actually representing.
- ABSTRACT PORTRAIT. It is merely the abstract form of the art. It is away from the reality. It is done through the collage technique or the digital manipulation.
These photography portrait styles are great portrayal of human selves. They help learn about the human lives through the eye of the camera. The light, the lines, the effects together make the best Photography portraits.