As photography developed its reputation as the field of art much attention was diverted towards the collection of the photographs in the form of the fine art photography galleries. These galleries are present all over the world. They have a wide collection of the most amazing photographic works from all over the world. The visitors coming to the city of New York on one hand want to enjoy the world of modern style and on the other hand want to enjoy some really great works of art in the famous fine art photography galleries in the city of New York. If you are going to New York, don’t forget to visit to visit the following top galleries situated the New York.
- Aperture the gallery: this gallery is present in the headquarters of the Aperture Foundation. This foundation works in the status of a nonprofit organization that started working in 1952. The main idea of the creation of the gallery was to introduce to the world the works of the great fine art photographers like Ansel Adams, Dorothea Lange and Minor White. Besides the display of the works by these great photographers the gallery also arranged number of exhibitions and educational events like lectures, seminars, discussions, etc that can help the future photographers.
- Boni Benrrubi gallery: the gallery was established in 1987 in Upper East Side, but later it was moved Chelsea. The gallery was created to exhibit the photographic skills and styles being used in the 20th The main motive was to promote photography as an art in the contemporary world.
- Danziger gallery: it is also one of the galleries that are promoting the photography in terms of its contemporary form. The gallery exhibited the works of the most recent artists in the world of photography. The gallery was firstly established in the Soho region in the year 1989, while this was moved to Chelsea in 2004. Today, it holds the exhibitions of numerous great photographers all through the year.
- Howard Greenberg gallery: the gallery started its working in the year 1981 and was known as Photofind in its early year. Later, it got the name it is known with nowadays, that is Howard Greenberg Gallery. In New York it was a first gallery of its kind that worked on the theme of journalism and street photography. It highlighted the works of Berenice Abbott, Edward Steichen and Henri Cartier-Bresson.
- International center of photography museum: created in 1960 it is now not just a gallery for the display of the photographs but is a great resource of all kind of information related to photography. It has all the literature, documents and information. Thus, it is a physically existing encyclopedia of the photographs.
- Pace/ Mac Gill: one of the sections of this gallery deals with the photography. This gallery exhibits the works of Walker Evans, Robert Frank, Irving Penn and William Christenberry.
Fine art photography galleries are rich in the resources and samples that introduce the world to the various features of the photography. There are numerous fine art photography galleries all over the world that call the attention of the art lovers to come and view.